Level Up!


I cannot believe it is February already. Is it just me, or did it feel like January was unusually long? I thought I would never see the end of it! January though did end on a good note...I got my helmet!


Showing off my fancy helm!

And the other good news? I’m leveling up at The Hall along with some other peeps.

Since the first of February my workout routine went from a 3x3 tabata to a 4x3. When first going into this whole exercise thing I had no clue what tabatas were, or how cycles and reps work. Here is the best way I can explain it from my experience so far: you have a set of cycles, and within each set of cycles you have a number of tabata exercise. In this case it is 4 cycles, with 3 different cardio exercises. For each exercise you do so many reps for 20 seconds with a 10 second rest in between. Once that exercise is complete you move to the next one. It’s not easy for some folks; imagine doing mountain climbers and then quickly moving into sprints next...and burpees...

Here's an image of an example workout; it switches up every couple of weeks. This is what we've been doing for about two weeks now.



So far I live to tell the tale, meaning the new tabatas haven't murdered me yet. I hear the next set for the advanced group introduces a 4th exercise for each cycle, in addition of doing 4 reps each...


Besides the workout change, there's been some sparing practice and some rail and grapple drills I've worked on. Sparing is super fun, even when your team captain beats you to a pulp. (Haha, love you Marie!) And I even managed to grapple some people after some trial and error during class – I never thought I could due to my short stat (a whopping 5'3" is small to me) but was super happy I could do it after all. Don't ask me to grapple a giant though...

A relevant idea of what will happen to Cait.

January was a good month, and I have high hopes for the rest of February as well.

In non-exercise related news, I'm back into Dungeons and Dragons. Yes, I nerd in my free time. And Brandmund the mountain dwarf, aka "Branmuffin" (thanks for the nickname Rich) is the best.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.