Rumble in The Pit!

I've been wanting to make a lengthy post about this month in general, but life happens of course!

I've been recovering from a nasty cold/respiratory infection this week; it knocked me off my feet and has made me drowsy and slow. Haven't eaten much for food besides cereal and soup, lots of tea and water. I've missed classes as a result, but now that I am on the road to recovery I plan on jumping back into the same old routine. Missing classes feels like I'm committing a sin. D:

There's some good news of course because I don't want to depress you with sappy news about being sick and bundled up in a burrito blanket. I have received my gambesons and leather shoes! Gambesons are the "warrior jammies" we call them at The Hall, or the soft kit that goes underneath the metal armor.

Look at that face. Haha!
Just the other day I purchased a helm and can't wait to get my hands on it! Time to save up more green for the rest of the metal gear!

January has been a busy month at The Hall! We had the Nashua Nightmares and New Haven Highlanders battle it off on the 13th; I unfortunately had commitments that day but from what I heard the Knightmares pulled a good win.

On the 20th we had the second annual Rookie Rumble where new fighters from across the New England region came to battle it out in a 5 versus 5 melee game. I'm sure I lost count on the number of fighters who actually attended, but I know there were A LOT. That's my number. They all did a phenomenal job! I am also proud of my girls who fought long and hard with men twice their size! After melee the fighters participated in a WWE style "Royal Rumble" to be the last man standing in the ring – that was beautiful to watch!

Another month is coming which means more fights, sweat and tears, and hopefully more gear!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.